Let's face it - we all love short cuts. We like it when everything gets easy. It goes for work, money, and relationships. Many of us often take relationships for granted. We often forget that a relationship is something that should be carefully worked on. If you forget about its importance, you can fall into lazy relationships in which you simply coexist, instead of flourishing and making both of you happy. And now ask yourself, how are things going between you two? Can you truly call yourself close?
Most often such lazy relationships occur when partners lose interest in each other, and it is due to you two not being aware of each other’s feelings and emotions. Therefore, in order not to lose the emotional component of your relationship, it is important to ask questions, showing care and love for your partner. Today we will list some fun questions for couple and talk about their importance.
Types of questions which can help your relationships
Below you will find many fun relationship questions to ask your partner.
Questions you may ask on the first date
The first date is exciting. You need to be charming, witty, polite, attractive, yet it can get hard and worrying; dating questions are quite often the hardest. So, remember the following 5 first date questions, they will be extremely helpful to anyone who is afraid of it.
- If you had to pick, what would be your dream job?
- Do you enjoy music? What genre of music do you enjoy?
- Can you define your expectations from this date?
- What friends and relatives do you consider to be closest to you?
- If you could have a dinner with three different historical figures, of different ages and cultures, who would these people be?
Personal questions you may ask your couple
The ability to ask good questions for couples is an art, no one wants to feel like an interview or feel that they are pulling information out of a partner. An important and large part of this process is the ability to carefully listen to the answer and perceive what lies behind the words. Here are 5 good relationship questions for your partner to get to know them closer:
- What would you change in your life?
- If you could go anywhere, what would be a place or a country of your choice?
- Was there a certain moment in your life that you think was important in establishing who you are?
- What are your favorite works of literature? Can you name them?
- If you could travel in time and change one single event, what it even would be?
Questions about future goals and dreams
Questions for couples that concern dreams and desires are important, pay attention! People love to be asked about their goals and dreams in life. Perhaps some certain life conditions do not allow them to make these dreams come true, yet they are still passionate about these things. To ask an honest question about the utmost desires and dreams and to get an honest answer is a sign of respect and trust. So, here are some fun questions to ask your partner about their goals and dreams:
- What gives you energy to move forward?
- Can you tell me about some things that you want to accomplish in life?
- Can you tell me about your dreams you had in your childhood?
- Can you talk about the time when, in your opinion, you felt the most alive?
- Do you enjoy motivational literature? If so, name a few of your favorite books.
Funny hypothetical questions
Hypothetical questions could otherwise be called questions with an added condition, since the answers to them are uniformly generated by adding some condition to a given set of direct answers. Here are 5 hypothetical funny questions to ask your couple:
- If you could choose, would you rather be invisible or immortal?
- If you could really sell your soul to the Devil, what would you sell it for?
- If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is it homeless or naked?
- If you had to describe your life in 20 words or less, what would you say?
- If Jurassic Park was real, would you give it a try?
Questions about work and career
Work plays a big part in our lives. While people not always enjoy it and take it as a routine, it is still of great importance to everyone. You have to be interested in such things so that a partner feels a sense of care and interest in this aspect of their life. The following are some questions for couples that concern work, career, and related plans for the future:
- Can you tell me about your job? Do you like it?
- Be honest, do you really like what you do?
- How are things going? Are coworkers good to you?
- Be honest, is your boss truly fair with you?
- What is the best and the worst thing about your current job?
Questions about hobbies and interests
People love to talk about their hobbies and interests. Most of the time, people are a lot more passionate about hobbies and interests than about their full-time jobs. Working 9-5 is not interesting, thus you can make your conversation better by bringing up your personal hobby and that of your partner in your conversation.
- Can you tell me what interests and hobbies you have?
- Would you wish your hobby to be your full-time job?
- Be honest, is your hobby more interesting to you than your job?
- Did you have any hobbies in your childhood?
- Are there any factors stopping you from engaging into something else in life?
While the following questions aren’t exactly helpful, you should get a grasp of what they have in common. They all step into your zone of comfort, they are all either insulting in a way or don’t have a proper answer that won’t embarrass you. So, be careful with such questions and ask only those people, that aren’t afraid of them.
- Don’t you think that you look fat in that outfit?
- Gosh, you look terrible today, what happened?
- What’s the dirtiest thing you have ever done?
- Out of all the people in the room, whom would you rather have sex with?
- Be honest, what’s your biggest fear in sex?
Questions about habits
The word habit has a bad aftertaste to it, since quite often it is associated with smoking, drinking and such. Yet it isn’t always the case. The following 5 are some basic questions about habits you can ask your partner:
- Be honest, do you have any bad habits?
- What habits do you wish to get rid of just like that?
- Do you have any minor habits?
- Do you have any good habits?
- What’s the worst bad habit in your opinion?
Questions about beliefs and mystic
Now, keep in mind at all times that this is a sensitive subject, not only because people may have some strong beliefs but also because beliefs of this kind are based on faith alone, and people may get quite aggressive and desperate in proving their opinion right. These aren’t fun relationship questions to ask, you must be cautious with them. Here are some examples:
- Do you consider yourself to be superstitious?
- Can you tell me what god means to you personally?
- Be honest, do you buy into any conspiracies?
- How does your faith (or lack of it) affect your life?
- Do you believe in ghosts, curses, vampires and such?
Questions about love
When you are asking your partner a question about love, be careful, you can screw things up big time. It is a sensitive subject, especially to women, so take it incredibly seriously, as any incidental wrong phrasing can get you in trouble. So, be sure to check out the following questions so that you won’t screw up the next time you ask such a question:
- How does it feel to be the most beautiful girl (guy) in the world?
- Would you continue to date a guy if you knew that you would never have sex with him?
- How do you perceive love?
- Do you think having sex in weightlessness is great?
- Out of all them, what is the best compliment that has ever been given to you?
The same thing, be careful not to strike the wrong note. Conversations aren’t always easy and fun. It ain’t always funny couples quiz and all that. Questions may get hard, and sometimes, intimate. Yet appropriate intimate questions to ask your couple cause honesty, respect and trust.
- What could I do for you to love me even more?
- Be honest with me, what attracted you to me as soon as we met?
- Be honest, at what age did you lose your virginity? How it was?
- Be honest with me, do you have sexual fantasies? Can you tell me about them?
- Which of the past relationships was the happiest? Why is it over?
Most frequent questions your couple may ask you
Here is a list of 20 personal questions that may be asked to you by your partner. Such questions are not always asked for a specific purpose, but you have to be prepared for them, because an unsuccessful answer can be a big mistake. But if you are prepared, then after it you will be easier and easier to communicate and have a relationship with your partner. Since you know each other better.
- If you had to decide, what would you change in me?
- If you have to tell other people about me, what will you say?
- If you would have to decide, what moment from the past would you bring back?
- When conflict grows, how do you react?
- What is the biggest obstacle you have ever encountered in life? How did you overcome it?
- What do you consider your greatest achievement in life? What else would you like to achieve?
- Which moment from the past would you like to forget?
- Do you have nightmares? What usually happens in them?
- Be honest, do you forgive yourself for your own wrongdoings?
- Ever wanted to run away from reality? Did you manage to do this?
- What would you like to say to me the most?
- Is there something you don’t know about me but would like to know?
- What do you think makes our relationship unique to you, different from others?
- In what place or country would you like to be with me?
- What is your favorite memory from our relationship history?
- Do you believe in fate, predestination?
- Do you think you would want to be famous? Why?
- How much time do you need to get enough sleep?
- Be honest, what do you think of my relatives?
- What do you think of it? Do you believe in female friendship?
Questions to ask in a long-distance relationship
Long-distance relationships can be quite hard to both partners. Loneliness may be painful and excruciating, yet people go with it no matter what, just because of how strong their love for each other is. In such relationships, you have to be careful with what you say, it isn’t always appropriate to ask about jealousy, so check out the following questions to be prepared:
- Are you thinking of me?
- Have you had any dreams about me?
- What have you been doing as of late?
- What are you thinking about?
- Are you surrounded by good people there?
- Will you come to visit me?
- Do you miss me just as much as I miss you?
- Do you want me to come visit you?
- Are there any nice places out there?
- Are there any cool local traditions out there?
- When will we cut the distance in our relationship?
- Honey, do you ever regret being away from me?
- What is the worst part of us being apart for so long to you?
- Be honest, do you find any upsides in a relationship like this?
- Be honest, are you jealous of me being alone there?
- What would you consider your greatest strength when it comes to our relationship?
- Can we meet each other twice as often this year?
- Do you have any life goals this year?
- Do you trust people that surround you there?
- Are you having fun there?
Questions you should try to avoid
As I’ve said above, love is sensitive, you should be careful with what you say to your partner in order not to spoil things. Such wrong decisions can lead to mistrust, jealousy, and other things that may damage your relationship. It is better to come prepared and to know general directions in which it is bad to lead a conversation with your partner. Here are just some:
- Honey, why do you earn so little?
- Be honest with me, do you think I'm fat?
- Who is more important to you - me or your friends?
- Honey, why do you never give me presents?
- Can you prove it to me that you will never ever leave me?
Words are a big part of our lives and a proper use of them will, frankly, get you anywhere in life. Believe it not, you can find a way to the heart of anyone, and it can be paved with words alone. So, at least do your best when picking the right words for the dearest person you have on this planet. Be cunning and Godspeed!