Nowadays, the era of quick relationships dictates its own rules. Why should you spend time on lengthy explanations when it is easy, fast, and convenient to break up over text? However, such a simplification is imaginary, and it is usually based on the illusion of relationships.
On the virtual market, there are some applications for breaking up that offer you some useful ready-made templates of break up text messages to make your task even easier. It doesn't matter whether you break up with a guy or a girl, whether you want to remain friends or not as well as what reasons you have – a smart program takes everything into account. Moreover, it “sweetens the pill” of the breakup by creating your recognition in a stylish and modern manner. It turns out that if such offers appear, then there is demand. But what does make people trust such an important task with electronic intermediaries? Why does it seem to be better “for both”? Is it bad to break up with someone over text? How to break up with someone through text?
How to Break Up Over Text
Do not try to be cute
When addressing a person by name, do not use hypocoristic forms, especially intimate names like “cutie,” “honey,” “sweetie,” and “baby.” This is a breakup of relations, you are no longer close friends, so do not rub salt in their wounds.
If you want to report on the breakup, here are some examples.
- I've been thinking for a long time and decided - we need to break up ...
- I can no longer be with you, I leave for good...
- It's always hard to break up, but we need to do that ...
- We have to live our lives...
- I cannot say it personally. It is very difficult. I want to break up...
- Let's be honest. There are no more feelings between us. It's time to break up...
- One of the simplest and most effective options: I am not ready to continue our relationship.
- Write briefly and reasonably
This message should be written briefly since the extra words are not appropriate here. Anyway, the partner will either skip them or begin to interpret them incorrectly (they might think that it is a joke). Give them a few basic reasons why you don’t want to continue the relationship. The main thing is not to miss this moment, otherwise, the partner will start asking questions about the reasons for your decision. Never use funny break up text messages or such phrases as "possible, probably, I hope, etc." You should make it clear that you absolutely do not want to continue the relationship.
It is one of the best tips on how to break up with your boyfriend over text. It should be a good honest message, so that the partner, imbued with your mood, understands that you have serious intentions, and your decision is irreversible. Even if you have already had another person to love - tell your ex about them honestly. Moreover, it is better not to give a complete list of cloying offenses. Firstly, your partner will have a desire to argue with each item. And secondly, is it worth wrecking your nerves?
Do not start long correspondence
It is another important tip on how to break up with a guy over text. Do not write to the partner after you've explained everything in SMS. If they write or call you - turn off the phone for two or three hours. Let them calm down a little and come to senses. Reject every call and do not pay attention to the messages. If it is possible, change the phone number. Of course, on the one hand, such behavior seems to be wrong, but on the other hand, there is no point in communication since you've made the final decision, indicated all the reasons in the SMS and asked not to write you anymore. If you enter into "negotiations" with the ex, you will not get anything but a nervous state. Do you need it?! In addition, it will be easier for the partner to calm down. Silence will make it clear that your intentions are serious and firm.
Do not answer their calls
When talking on the phone, you are likely to get lost and do not say anything worthwhile in the explanation why you want to break up. In turn, the partner can tell you all sorts of nonsense in a fit of anger that you don’t need to hear, as you can only get even more upset and think badly about them all your life. If you cannot turn off the phone, then reject their calls, and over time, the partner will stop thinking that you do not hear them.
Some Nuances and Tips on How to Break Up with Your Girlfriend Over Text
Do you want to learn how to break up with a girl over text? When telling a girl about breaking up in such a way, you need to be tactful and persistent at the same time. You should thank your ex-girlfriend for the time she has spent with you. Do not forget to remind her pleasant qualities, good deeds, and a wonderful pastime in general.
It is worth paying special attention to the issue of further feelings of the girl. It is known that emotionality and impressionability are quite developed in the female sex. Therefore, in order for the girl not to torture herself with questions and doubts, “What is wrong with me?”, “Why did they break up with me?” and others, it is recommended to refer to the dissimilarity of characters.
Also, you should refrain from criticism and mutual recriminations because such a breakup will turn you into enemies. You should convince the girl that she will meet a decent young man who will match her perfectly.
Avoid false hopes and promises. Saying goodbye to the girl, you should not waste her time on useless expectations. Such behavior is worthy and truly masculine.
It is important to know how to break up with someone nicely over text. By following these recommendations, it is possible to be on speaking terms with the girl even after the breakup. You will not look like a bad and mean person.
Pros and Cons of Breaking Up Over Text
Let's figure out whether to choose this type of relationship breakdown. What are its pros and cons?
In general, breaking up over text is the best way for those who are afraid to express all their feelings in person.
It is especially difficult to break up with someone who is far away from you. If you do not have the opportunity to arrange a personal meeting where you can explain the reason for your decision and dot all the "i"s, then e-mail or SMS correspondence is one of the best options for saying the last goodbye.
Breaking up through text is a good idea for those who do not want to sort things out for a long time. You don't have to listen for hours that a partner cannot live without you or make excuses for why you've decided to break up. One message makes you completely free.
This is a good way to break up a relationship if you have met each other recently, or your partner has offended you so greatly that you do not want to see them.
If men or women send a farewell message, using a short text via a mobile phone, it causes deep negative feelings in abandoned partners. Specialists from the Society of Modern Manners in London have found that such an end of love relationships is recognized as impolite and rude behavior.
Such a breakup will be very painful for the partner since they do not realize the obvious reasons for your decision and cannot discuss them with you. They will not believe these words for a long time as they haven't heard them from you.
Choosing such a way to break up the relationship, you are unlikely to stay friends in the future. The partner will be offended. After all, SMS will not explain all your thoughts, hopes, plans, disappointments, and moods. This is just a statement of fact with a brief explanation.
How to Break Up Over Text: Examples
Here are some examples of good break up text messages. These 15 messages will help you put thoughts into words correctly and remain as tactful as possible.
- Thank you for the time you spent with me. It was fun, but I don't think we match each other. Nothing personal, I just had to tell you.
- Last night was amazing! We will definitely meet again, but I want you to know that I’m not looking for anything serious at the moment. I hope you will understand.
- I had a great time with you! Sorry, but I think you will agree that there are no romantic feelings between us. So, we cannot continue dating.
- I have some personal problems now, so I think this is not the best time to start something new. I hope for your understanding.
- To be honest, I am not interested in serious relationships now. I think you should better turn your attention to someone else.
- Unfortunately, I do not think we should meet again. I think you're cool, but I really don't see us as a couple in the future. I just feel it, do not be offended.
- Hi, I think you are a good guy (girl), but we should not start a relationship. Good luck!
- I want to tell you the truth, I’ve met another guy recently, and we have fallen in love. Shit happens! I hope you forgive me.
- You have become very dear to me, so I do not want to hurt you. I do not want to have a serious relationship either with you or with anyone else. We had a great time together, and we can be friends.
- You are amazing, I had a lot of fun with you! But I think that there is no spark between us, so it makes no sense to start a relationship. I hope you understand me.
- I've realized that you are a person who knows the value of time, so we should not spend it on each other. I do not think we have a future.
- We had a good time, but I think it was our last meeting. You are a good person, but we have very little in common. I think you understand what I mean. Nothing personal, good luck!
- We need to break up. I do not want to have any relationship with you after your cheating! Do not call or write to me! Goodbye!
- I'm sick of your lies! I do not want to meet you or speak to you ever again! I am sure that you will find a better girl!
- Sorry, but our relationship is over. I no longer feel those romantic feelings, and I am sure that they will never arise again. We do not match each other, I do not want to be with you. Please do not call or write to me!
How to Respond to a Breakup Over Text
Close the door
First of all, if a breakup has happened, you should take it as a given. If a person has decided to leave – you need to let them go. It is necessary to put an end to the relationship and stop hoping for a happy future with this person.
Do not harbor bad feelings
When a loved one breaks up with you, your self-esteem decreases. We perceive what is happening as a defeat, get angry and embarrassed because our dreams and hopes have collapsed. Do not harbor bad feelings towards your partner. Anger and resentment are barren and harmful emotions that prevent you from moving on. The sooner you get rid of them, the easier it will be to get out of love dependence and feel good.
Do not try to return the partner
If it seems that there is nothing left in life, and you need to return the relationship, stop! It is fear that speaks in you. After a long relationship, it’s scary to be alone. And this is a completely normal reaction. Do not try to return the ex with humiliating requests. This is their decision, and you should respect it.
Do something useful
Do what you would never do together with your loved one. It will allow you to feel the freedom. When the first acute pain of the breakup passes, go where you could not or did not have time to go together. Watch your favorite movies, which your ex-partner doesn’t like. Take up the hobbies that you abandoned during a relationship. Get as much enjoyment out of your life as possible.
Love is not only a romantic feeling. We can also have this feeling for parents, children, friends, or pets. Even a famous TV host Oprah Winfrey says, “Romantic love is not the only one worth living for. Every day I meet a lot of people who are eager to fall in love so that someone can save them from everyday life. Look around – children, neighbors, friends, even strangers on the street need our attention, warmth, and communication. Begin to notice the life around you - there is always an opportunity to love.”
Do not fret over the breakup, life is full of curveballs. Moreover, do not be afraid to leave a relationship, which does not make you happy. Find true love and let the good times roll!