This is a good question, and I have a lot of things to say on this topic. First off, let me just say that I will be focusing on the young women, those who, let's say, are under 30. This is the focus group that… well, I am mainly interested in and with whom I am trying to keep constant contact with. In fact, I am dating a Canadian woman right now.
I have identified a few key points for myself that I want to talk about, namely: their clothes, their use of cosmetics and perfume, behavioral features and their appearance. I think that these are the most representative points by which I can make up a portrait of an average Canadian woman.
Canadian Women Traits
Comfort over style
So, as for clothes. Women here dress, as a rule, in very comfortable, loose clothes, they do not bother with fashion or anything like that. Their main parameter of shopping for clothes is whether they are comfortable or not, that’s all that truly matters. When it’s cold, they can walk around in slippers, flip-flops, sports pants and in some light jacket with a beanie on, no problem. Almost no one ever wears dresses, a dress is such a weird element of clothing that is perceived, as it seems to me, like it is saved for special events only, something so grandiose. Under the category of such events are weddings, very important meetings of some kind, very important dates, at which a girl wants to show off, these are university or school graduations, and, in general, things like that.
Overall, I can say that the overwhelming majority of women aren’t interested in fashion magazines or whatever happens on the catwalk. But if we are talking about people who belong to a higher class, they are trying to follow fashion trends. At the same time, there is an important observation that I was able to make: the older a woman is, the more she pays attention to herself and her fashion choices. If a woman is, say, 40 years old, then, as a rule, she pays much more attention to fashion trends then women aged 20 to 30. They like to wear all sorts of different leggings, and when I say leggings, I mean that they put them on, they put on some jacket or a fur coat and that’s it, they are ready to go.
Natural beauty and quirks
Next, let’s talk about cosmetics. There’s almost no use of cosmetics at all. That is not to say that you won’t find a hot Canadian woman, this is not true. But when they do the makeup, they usually paint their nails. And in this, they are masters, because they use a number of color combinations, patterns, and so on. They love to dye their hair in multicolored ways, I’m talking about young people up to 25. All sorts of different piercings, wherever it’s possible and impossible: in the nose, in the ears, eyebrows, on the body, etc., it sometimes looks scary. Again, all sorts of different tattoos are very fashionable, especially in the most unexpected of places. A year and a half ago, it was very fashionable to do a tattoo in the form of paws, on the inside of the neck. Plus, they like all sorts of different patterns, inscriptions on the arms, shoulders, and so on, especially in the summer. When the summer begins, you start to observe a large number of tattooed people going around, showing themselves off. And guys, by the way, don’t play second fiddle in this regard, they also love to get tattooed.
Next, let’s talk about perfumes. They practically do not use them at all, it is believed that this violates the personal space of the people around them, and one must be as neutral as possible in the sense of smells. This doesn’t mean that if you are to marry a Canadian or Ukrainian single woman(they are similar in this case), she will stink all the time, there is nothing like that. On a date, at a meeting, then yeah, sure, but just a little. But when it comes to offices, perfume is used only by those who have their own separate working areas. If you are in an open space office, that is, where there is a large hall, a lot of tables, and a lot of people sitting around, then in this case it is not accepted to use perfume, because, once again, it violates the rights and comfort of people who are near you and have to smell it.
There is a clear separation between two types of beautiful Canadian women here. Those are being Anglo-Saxons and those who are French Canadians. French Canadians are very cute. A French Canadian girl, most likely, has a very pleasant appearance, the only problem (and to some it may not be a problem at all) is that, just like the English Canadians, a decent percent of them, as far as I am concerned, are curvy. While most of them are not fat, some of them can be very plump, and if they don’t look after themselves, they begin to swell and turn into balls. I don’t mean any offense, but sometimes, the lack of interest they have in themselves isn’t being productive at all.
If we are talking about the Anglo-Canadians, then, as a rule, they are quite easy to notice, a lot of redheads, with freckles and all that. I mean, in terms of plumpness they don’t differ that much from French Canadian women. But, again, it all depends on the wealth of a particular person, how she eats, what kind of lifestyle she is into, and so on, because one cannot indiscriminately say that everyone here is simply fat, it’s not true.
Don’t get the wrong idea about what you just read. There are many beautiful Canadian women out there, yet they are more inclined to being curvy, and to me, this isn’t a problem. 80 to 85% of them look healthy and completely normal, it’s just that there is a small percent of them that has issues.
Dating Canadian Women
What is it like, dating Canadian women?
In my opinion, women here are more contactable, they, as a rule, don’t have that immediate negative reaction when a guy approaches them. They are easy to get acquainted with, you can talk to them quite easily, they are always open for communication, there is no tension, which is great. They have a well-developed feeling of empathy, a desire to help, if you need something: for study, for life, some advice, a question, and so on. According to my observations, they will always answer your need. They will talk to you, help you to the point that they will take you by the hand and do the thing with you. In this regard, it is also a very good trait that distinguishes local women from others. They are open-minded and honest.
Yet there’s more. And this is quite a prominent aspect of dating Canadian women. They are very direct in terms of presenting their thoughts and desires, they don’t beat abound the bush, they don’t come up with any equivalents and metaphors, and so on. They say that they need something from you in some matter, be it a personal relationship or some work related moments, and so on.
I was asked a few times if they are sensitive and emotional. Yeah, they are, I wouldn’t say it’s something overwhelming, but it is something you can notice. While you get the sense of comfort and empathy from them, even self-confidence, they are prone to being overly-emotional.
What I’ve noticed is that French Canadian women are very ambitious, they have a clear understanding of what they want from life, they do not count on their families, on whether the husband will support them or not, whether he will provide for the family or not, they want to achieve everything themselves, they want to build a career themselves, they want to do it all in life and achieve success due to their own work, efforts. Which is, again, a very different mentality from most people are used to.
In short, would I recommend you to date Canadian women? Yeah, sure, they are quite fascinating. Dating a Canadian woman is a fun experience, and they are very pleasant in nature. Direct, honest, empathetic and friendly.
Another popular question that I get quite often is “How Canadian women differ from American women?” “Is there any difference?” Let’s answer this question right now.
Canadian Women VS American Women
- American girls are more into the “American Dream”, making it big and lavish lifestyles. They love to party and to have fun.
- Canadian girls seem calmer. They don’t make a lot of noise and are too respectful by nature to throw around lavish parties.
- There are lots of vegan and vegetarian women in America. This almost seems like a counter-cultural trend, as millennials are trying to break the myth of “Fat Americans”. And I mean, you cannot blame them for that. 1 out of every 5 women in America is vegan.
- Canadian women, in general, don’t care too much about themselves. Not in a bad way, but in a more relaxed and independent way. They are all about comfort and doing what they like. And this also applies to food consumption. As only 1 out of every 10 women in Canada is vegan.
- American women were and are raised on Disney cartoons, in which a princess is waiting for her knight in the shining armor. They are waiting for that one guy; he has to be an ideal fit.
- Canadian women are much more relaxed about it. They are independent, they know what they want, and they are quite in touch with reality. They are easily approachable, which is the best part about them.
With that out of the way, here is a short list of the most fascinating and famous Canadian women:
Most Beautiful Canadian Women
- Rachelle Lefevre (February 1st, 1979 Montreal, Quebec, Canada) – a Canadian actress. Her father is of French and Irish descent, and her mother's parents were Jewish.
- Jillian Harris (December 30th, 1979, Canada) is a Canadian TV persona and an interior designer.
- Tessa Virtue (May 17th, 1989 in London, Ontario) is a Canadian professional figure skater performing that performs together with Scott Moir.
- Laura Vandervoort (September 22nd, 1984 Toronto, Ontario, Canada) – a Canadian actress. Her father is Dutch and her mother is Canadian.
- Tricia Helfer (April 11th, 1974 Donald, Alberta, Canada) is a Canadian actress and a professional model, mostly known for playing the Six in the TV series “Starship Galactica”. In 1992, she won first place in the Supermodel of the World Contest. It is certainly not her first time being on the list of sexy Canadian women.
- Erica Durance (June 21st, 1978, Calgary, Canada) – a Canadian actress. She gained fame thanks to the role of Lois Lane in the TV series Smallville.
- Shania Twain (August 28th, 1965 Windsor, Ontario, Canada) – a Canadian singer and is one of the most successful contemporary performers of country and pop music.
- Kristin Kreuk (December 30th, 1982 Vancouver, Canada) – a Canadian actress of Dutch-Chinese descent. Best known for the role of Lana Lang in the American television series Smallville.
- Evangeline Lilly (August 3rd, 1979, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada) – a Canadian actress of Anglo-Irish descent.
Thank you for spending your time reading this and Godspeed!